Re: Markup in messages

روز دوشنبه، 2006-07-17 ساعت 23:38 +0200، Christian Rose نوشت:
> '<b>%s</b>': That is an innocent way to mark something to make it
> boldface in the interface, to emphasize importance or make it a
> header. But not every language has a concept of modern boldface
> typefaces, or even if it has such fonts, they may not be the preferred
> font for such kind of emphasis."

That's my wording I believe, based on what I knew about the
unavailability of CJK boldface fonts and some minority scripts with no
history of boldfacing or italicizing or something along these lines.
Reading the later discussions, I think the best approach is making sure
we have localizable <strong>, <em>, and such, and then get the markup
out.

Trying to fix the CJK problem may be the best start. Persian doesn't
have a problem here, unless people start to add markup for Small Caps,
for which there is no Persian equivalent.

roozbeh