Re: Markup in messages

On 11/07/2006, at 7:58 AM, Christian Rose wrote:

Does anyone consider this to be a problem, or are you just happy
the way it is?

I support you. Not only is it a problem, one more thing that can break, but it's one more difference preventing exact matches using msgmerge.

I spend way too much time changing fuzzy strings like this:

,fuzzy
msgid "<b>Preferences</b>"
msgstr "Tùy thích"

msgid "<b>Preferences</b>"
msgstr "<b>Tùy thích</b>"

simply adding, modifying or removing formatting to match the original string. The actual text is fine.

I really don't see it as our job to adjust formatting. I would indeed prefer to concentrate on the actual translation.