Re: Markup in messages

I voice my opinion with Christian as well. This is much more of an
issue with RTL languages, It makes it very easy to make mistakes. Many
translators end up getting this wrong because you have a bit of text
going RTL and a bit of text going LTR and so on. It's a chore to make
sure that it ends up displaying correctly.

Djihed
Arabeyes Gnome Translation

On 11/07/06, Clytie Siddall <clytie riverland net au> wrote:

On 11/07/2006, at 7:58 AM, Christian Rose wrote:

> Does anyone consider this to be a problem, or are you just happy
> the way it is?

I support you. Not only is it a problem, one more thing that can
break, but it's one more difference preventing exact matches using
msgmerge.

I spend way too much time changing fuzzy strings like this:

,fuzzy
msgid "<b>Preferences</b>"
msgstr "Tùy thích"

msgid "<b>Preferences</b>"
msgstr "<b>Tùy thích</b>"

simply adding, modifying or removing formatting to match the original
string. The actual text is fine.

I really don't see it as our job to adjust formatting. I would indeed
prefer to concentrate on the actual translation.

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)