Re: GUADEC 2006 in Vilanova, Spain

Danilo Šegan wrote:
Today at 19:05, Shaun McCance wrote:

I'm using up all my vacation time visiting my girlfriend
in Germany. So yeah, it's suitably fun, but certainly not
as fun as just having her here to begin with.

Kidnap her... or is that not the right style anymore? :)
hehe, Germany holy place to start translating GNOME,
I've also my girfriend in Germany, but I live in Italy :)
And in Germany, In Munchen I and Alexander (old IRC friends)
Have decided to broke up GNOME's frosen situation! :)
So kidnapping is the best solution! Danilo is right!
God bless you all!
What I meant to say in my email, but forgot, is that even
though I won't be going to GUADEC, people should feel free
to contact me to help them put together information.

Not only do translators need to translate documentation,
but they also need to provide good translations for the
formatting objects in gnome-doc-utils, so that documents
in their language display correctly. They also need to
tell me when my code creates crap output, because I don't
know all the formatting conventions used throughout the
world.

Here's a snippet of my "ideas" list:

- gnome-doc-utils l10n stylesheets hacking

I guess that means I have thought about it as well :)

I'm certain that, as we move forward with documentation
translation, we're going to discover all sorts of new and
interesting problems we hadn't considered before. Proper
internationalized formatting is a top consideration in my
DocBook tools. And while I do believe we already provide
greater localization capabilities than any other DocBook
tools, there's still a lot of room for improvement.

Sure, that's exactly why I want a "hacking" session: so we can get
along with fixing the issues right as we come to them.

Cheers,
Danilo