Re: GUADEC 2006 in Vilanova, Spain

Today at 19:05, Shaun McCance wrote:

> I'm using up all my vacation time visiting my girlfriend
> in Germany.  So yeah, it's suitably fun, but certainly not
> as fun as just having her here to begin with.

Kidnap her... or is that not the right style anymore? :)

> What I meant to say in my email, but forgot, is that even
> though I won't be going to GUADEC, people should feel free
> to contact me to help them put together information.
>
> Not only do translators need to translate documentation,
> but they also need to provide good translations for the
> formatting objects in gnome-doc-utils, so that documents
> in their language display correctly.  They also need to
> tell me when my code creates crap output, because I don't
> know all the formatting conventions used throughout the
> world.

Here's a snippet of my "ideas" list:

- gnome-doc-utils l10n stylesheets hacking

I guess that means I have thought about it as well :)

> I'm certain that, as we move forward with documentation
> translation, we're going to discover all sorts of new and
> interesting problems we hadn't considered before.  Proper
> internationalized formatting is a top consideration in my
> DocBook tools.  And while I do believe we already provide
> greater localization capabilities than any other DocBook
> tools, there's still a lot of room for improvement.

Sure, that's exactly why I want a "hacking" session: so we can get
along with fixing the issues right as we come to them.

Cheers,
Danilo