Re: CVS-Georgia

On 23/02/2006, at 5:18 AM, Vladimer Sichinava wrote:

Danilo Åegan wrote:
Today at 17:24, Vladimer Sichinava wrote:

But,every time there is:  msgstr[0] "" msgstr[1] ""
We must manually change them to normal: msgstr ""
(or there is other solution?)

Nope, it should be just msgstr[0] "", i.e.

msgid "%d plate"
msgid_plural "%d plates"
msgstr[0] "%d tepshi"

Also try using PO editors which have better support for plural-forms.

Cheers,
Danilo

So you mean than in both cases I must use

msgstr[0] "%d tepshi"

right?
Which one is the best PO editor ? I use, for rough translation KBabel, and then continue with gtranslator, that it's lighter than KBabel...
Whatever it's great when a language has no plural forms :DDD hehe Clytie Siddall ;) like our languages !

:D

Much easier for us!

What Danilo means, Vladimer, is that when your plurals header is set correctly, you will only see one msgstr field, one translation field to input, the msgstr[0] field, like this:

msgid "%d plate"
msgid_plural "%d plates"
msgstr[0] "%d tepshi"

so you only have to enter one translation. The program will use it to say 1 tepshi, 2 tepshi, 1029 tepshi if it needs to.

See my next message for why this hasn't been happening for you. ;)

from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhÃm Viát hÃa phán mám tá do)