Re: CVS-Georgia

ááááááááá! Vladimir :)

On 22/02/2006, at 1:17 AM, Vladimer Sichinava wrote:

I would also be willing to commit some files for the Georgian team until they get their CVS working.
;)Thank You Clytie!

http://svn.inet.ge/svn/ka_GE/gnome/

Here are our fresh translations.
And thank you for committing!

My pleasure. :)

People here have helped me a lot, so I want to help in return. :)

Vladimir, first we need to look at your PO files, especially at the header section.

In the evolution ka.po file, your header looked like this:
____
# translation of evolution.po to
# translation of ka.po to
# Georgian translation for evolution
# Copyright (c) (c) 2005 Canonical Ltd, and Rosetta Contributors 2005
# This file is distributed under the same license as the evolution package.
# Alexander Didebulidze <didebuli in tum de>, 2005, 2006.
# <didebuli in tum de>, 2006.
# <didebuli in tum de>, 2006.
#
#
msgid ""
msgstr ""
"Project-Id-Version: evolution\n"
"Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: \n"
"POT-Creation-Date: 2006-02-09 22:45+0100\n"
"PO-Revision-Date: 2006-02-20 20:01+0100\n"
"Last-Translator: \n"
"Language-Team: <ka li org>\n"
____

1.
â There are some extra lines, and some missing information.
â I would suggest using the copyright symbol  since you have the support of the UTF-8 character set.
â You need the name of the language team.
â You need to fill in the name and email address of the last translator to work on that file.

I've edited the header, which now looks like this:
____
# Georgian translation for Evolution
# Copyright  2005 Canonical Ltd, and Rosetta Contributors 2005
# This file is distributed under the same license as the evolution package.
# Alexander Didebulidze <didebuli in tum de>, 2005, 2006.
#
#
msgid ""
msgstr ""
"Project-Id-Version: evolution HEAD\n"
"Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: \n"
"POT-Creation-Date: 2006-02-09 22:45+0100\n"
"PO-Revision-Date: 2006-02-20 20:01+0100\n"
"Last-Translator: Alexander Didebulidze <didebuli in tum de>\n"
"Language-Team: Georgian <ka li org>\n"
____

which I hope is OK with you. :)

Maybe your editor is inserting too many lines. You might need to change your preferences.

I just make a model of my correct PO header, then copy it in every time, except for the dates. A lot of the information doesn't change, so that saves time.

2.
Vladimir, there is one remaining problem. Your file won't pass the gettext checks (msgfmt -cv) because the plurals header is incorrect for your language. In fact, it's the plurals header for languages like mine, which don't have plurals in that sense. I'm sure your language doesn't work like mine for plurals. We say, "one book, two book". Georgian doesn't do that, does it?

The correct plurals header for your language is not yet listed at the Translate Wiki:

http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/l10n/pluralforms

but if you can tell me what it is, I will include it.

(I'll do that for any other languages not yet represented, so people, please feel free to send me your language name, language code and plurals expression. And chocolate, of course. Always feel free to send chocolate.)

I tried guessing one or two plurals expressions from other languages geographically close to yours, but gettext would not accept them. :(

Please tell me your plurals header, and I'll try again to commit your file. The Gnome server runs the msgfmt check over all files submitted, which is a good thing, because it catches any errors you forget to fix. But it means you can't submit a file with any errors remaining.

3.
The file is not yet complete: there are untranslated and fuzzy strings. Do you want me to submit all files, whether they are complete or not?

4. One I can start submitting files, keep an eye on:

http://l10n-status.gnome.org/gnome-2.14/ka/desktop/index.html

and the other Georgian status pages. You will see some good changes!

from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhÃm Viát hÃa phán mám tá do)