Re: Comparing methods

On 15/04/2006, at 11:40 PM, Ãsmund SkjÃveland wrote:

However, I do appreciate that having a simple way of getting all the
current POT files helps new teams a lot. As a consequence, years ago I
requested there be a link on the status pages where you could download
a tarball with "all current POT files for developer-libs" and a
tarball with "all current POT files for desktop". I imagine that would
not be a very complicated feature to add.

Yes, this is the part that I also think could be useful. I gather it didn't happen...

Missing features leads to lots of people thinking up their own hacks. For example, here's a bash script that downloads the files for one language for you:

Ooh, kewl. :)

<snip details>

Set LANG_CODE to your language code, of course. I don't know if it'll
work on Mac (you need a bourne shell and wget).

Mac OSX is UNIX (BSD), so it should work perfectly, thankyou!

bash is the default shell now (it used to be tcsh, so I had to specify bash then).

We should have this script in the wiki, linked from one of the GTP pages.

from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhÃm Viát hÃa phán mám tá do)