Re: Translation status pages

On Fri, 2005-10-07 at 20:12 +0200, Danilo Åegan wrote:

> >  - If it really is that intensive, it's not optimizable, we need it on a
> >    gnome.org server, than container is probably the most appropriate
> >    home:
> >
> >     window: 2 gig ram, 72gig (raid 1) disk, load avg ~1
> >     container: 6 gig ram, 500gig (raid 5) disk, load avg ~0.2
>
> Any machine with sufficient CPU power and low load will do.  But, some
> amount of disk-bound work is still necessary, because we are anyway
> talking about working with/parsing full CVS code to find extractable
> strings, and then working on each PO file in turn.

Basically, GNOME doesn't have a "spare machine" - all 4 of ours servers
perform important roles in public services.

 window: web sites
 menubar: mail and DNS
 button: bugzilla database (and LDAP for the cluster)
 container: CVS, file serving for the cluster

So, if this translation status is use really is a big expensive job,
then I'm not sure running it one one of these machines is a good idea.
But if it is necessary, then container seems to make the most sense.

Regards,
						Owen