Re: Translation status pages

tis 2005-09-20 klockan 13:24 +0700 skrev Ross Golder:
> On à., 2005-09-19 at 23:07 +0200, Keld JÃrn Simonsen wrote:

> > > Sounds good. Perhaps we should arrange for 'status.gnome.org' to point
> > > to the machine that hosts these pages.
> >
> > Hmm, I thought you had another offer. Anyway, I am still willing to
> > help.
>
> If you'd prefer not to host it on your own server, and if there is
> willing to maintain it, I expect some space could possibly be arranged
> on one of the real gnome.org servers. It's just easier for the GNOME
> sysadmins to set up a DNS entry than it is to set up new user accounts
> and a secure/capable hosting area etc. It would probably get rolling
> quicker if hosted externally, at least to begin with ;)

I agree with Ross; an external solution is probably the best in the
short run, but in the long run, GNOME translation status pages and the
translation status page scripts make sense to have hosted on the
gnome.org servers. That will make sure that:

* There are always several people distributed around the world who can
access the machine and fix it if needed (gnome.org sysadmins)
* The pipe is already a *very* Fat (tm) one
* The status pages will not be inaccessible again when some single
individual moves/goes on vacation/loses his job/gets hit by a bus and is
unable to maintain them
* The translation status pages will have access to the repository which
sits right next to it at the very same location

The only thing needed for the translation status pages to be hosted at
the real, live gnome.org servers is for someone to figure out what kind
of CPU/memory/disk resources it needs, and is prepared to help set it
up, or at least give sufficient instructions for having it set up.

So what's the required configuration?