Re: Translation status pages

On à., 2005-10-07 at 20:42 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-10-07 at 20:12 +0200, Danilo Åegan wrote:
>
> > >  - If it really is that intensive, it's not optimizable, we need it on a
> > >    gnome.org server, than container is probably the most appropriate
> > >    home:
> > >
> > >     window: 2 gig ram, 72gig (raid 1) disk, load avg ~1
> > >     container: 6 gig ram, 500gig (raid 5) disk, load avg ~0.2
> >
> > Any machine with sufficient CPU power and low load will do.  But, some
> > amount of disk-bound work is still necessary, because we are anyway
> > talking about working with/parsing full CVS code to find extractable
> > strings, and then working on each PO file in turn.
>
> Basically, GNOME doesn't have a "spare machine" - all 4 of ours servers
> perform important roles in public services.

A dedicated i18n machine wouldn't be such a bad request, seeing as the
translation pages service seems to be held in a very high regard amongst
the GTP team.

I vaguely recall some big company asking us what server hardware we
needed for GNOME project use (on the sysadmin list I think). I don't
recall seeing a response or followup. Does else anyone remember? Does
anyone know the outcome?

--
Ross