Re: [translate-pootle] Re: Web-based translation for GNOME

Aiet Kolkhi wrote:

It's just a glossary development tool. FWIW, it's quite similar to my webtionary, however, webtionary doesn't support more than a single
comment per suggested translation (and there are plans to change
that), and KiPOT doesn't support per-project decisions (since both KDE
and Gnome Serbian translation teams use same database for us) or
voting.

The whole idea would indeed be very nice. The most importnat part would be online glossary management, enabling all the registered (and, optionally, verified by l10n team lead) users to comment on each term, add their own translation and approve/vote other translations.

I have a module similat to this on my l10n sit at http://gakartuleba.sapikhvno.org/glossary_en.php but it is also lacking voting features and the UI is somewhat unfriendly.

Nice to see this, there are a few tools like this around and it will be nice to see where we end up, I didn't know about yours.

Where can I find Webtionary?

Online editing of PO files would of course be very nice, but I also think that commiting should be committed by the coordinator/lead.

Definitely.

The most important feature online PO translator should have is TM. As soon as the glossary work is over, the glossary should automatically be fed to a TM which will be used on PO translations. Also, as soon as a PO file is complete, it should also be fed to the TM.

Something like that would be of great help to all my l10n projects.

I've done some stuff on using a text indexer to index PO files, the idea being that fast searching is roughly equivalent to TM

David