Re: Does gweather (gnome-applets) work for you?

ÎÏÎÏ 07/ÎÎÏ/2005, ÎÎÎÏÎ ÎÎÏÏÎÏÎ ÎÎÎ ÏÏÎ 23:51, Î/Î Abel Cheung ÎÎÏÎÏÎ:
> On 2005-03-06(Sun) 17:25:44 +0200, Nikos Charonitakis wrote:
> > On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 15:10:09 +0000, Simos Xenitellis <simos74 gmx net> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > > We (Greek Localisation Team) have some trouble getting gweather to run
> > > on the latest build of GNOME 2.10 (-soon to be).
> > >
> > > The application crashes as soon as it runs and the stack trace gives
> > > little info (no debugging):
> > >
> > > I think this looks like a problem loading the preferences, and in the
> > > case of gweather it might be those strings like
> > >
> > > msgid "DEFAULT_RADAR"
> > > msgstr ""
> I have removed a CVS conflict mark inside el.po, please pick it from CVS
> and test if this problem persists?

Many thanks Abel for catching the CVS conflict.

The problem described at does not persist
anymore and we are closing the issue.

Our mistake was with the interpretation of default variables such as
DEFAULT_ZONE. No such thing exists for countries apart from US and
Canada, and the translator comments are not helpful at all.

May I add something along the lines of the following translator comment
to the DEFAULT_xxx variables?

/* If the following variable does not apply to your country/airport,
simply replicate the msgid entry. Do not try to translate verbatim or
innovate, else you will create a greek tragedy. See for more. Even what you
put says DEFAULT_xxx, it's not anything default. It's an indication to
the program to keep it empty and unused. Sabes? */