Does gweather (gnome-applets) work for you?

Hi,
We (Greek Localisation Team) have some trouble getting gweather to run
on the latest build of GNOME 2.10 (-soon to be).

The application crashes as soon as it runs and the stack trace gives
little info (no debugging):

> > Using host libthread_db library
"/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libthread_db.so.1".
> > [Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
> > [New Thread -1221689216 (LWP 9019)]
> > 0xffffe410 in ?? ()
> > #0  0xffffe410 in ?? ()
> > #1  0xbfffe9ac in ?? ()
> > #2  0x00000000 in ?? ()
> > #3  0xbfffe90c in ?? ()
> > #4  0xb7db1413 in __waitpid_nocancel ()
> >    from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libpthread.so.0
> > #5  0xb7f8dd97 in libgnomeui_module_info_get ()
> >    from /usr/lib/libgnomeui-2.so.0
> > #6  <signal handler called>
> > #7  0xce9cce93 in ?? ()
> > #8  0xce9dce95 in ?? ()
> > #9  0x00a3ce95 in ?? ()
> > #10 0x081efe40 in ?? ()
> > #11 0x081157e8 in ?? ()
> > #12 0x081f0190 in ?? ()
> > #13 0x081efbc0 in ?? ()
> > #14 0xbfffecb8 in ?? ()
> > #15 0x081157e8 in ?? ()
> > #16 0x081efe40 in ?? ()
> > #17 0x081efd80 in ?? ()
> > #18 0x081effd0 in ?? ()
> > #19 0x08114a28 in ?? ()
> > #20 0x08114a28 in ?? ()
> > #21 0x08114a54 in ?? ()
> > #22 0xbfffecf8 in ?? ()
> > #23 0x08051806 in gweather_pref_load (gw_applet=0xce9dcea5)
> >     at gweather-pref.c:1144

I think this looks like a problem loading the preferences, and in the
case of gweather it might be those strings like

msgid "DEFAULT_RADAR"
msgstr ""

Since countries outside the US (and Canada?) do not have a RADAR value,
I have seen a lot of values here (like "This is not applicable", "----",
" ") and so on. It looks possible that a crash is caused because due to
unexpected input handling.
I have not managed to try myself to remove the translation altogether
(but keep LANG=el_GR.UTF-8) to see if it still happens, as I have not
installed GNOME 2.10pre...

Could someone else who has GNOME 2.10(almost there) to try out gweather
and see if it actually works for them?

Please report back your $LANG and if it works.

If possible, try different values for $LANG to help others.

Cheers,
Simos