RE: GNOME Translation in Uighur [ug]

Thank you very much for your positive response to my email.

>>Do you have already a Uighur keyboard layout? (I suppose the script
>>to use is arabic script); I have collected some keyboard layouts
>>on the web, among them a Uighur one, but I don't know if that layout
>>is actually used or if a different one is used instead.

Here you find a standard Uighur keyboard layout.

http://www.bizuyghur.com/oyghan/images/FloatingKeyboard.gif

>>Also, do you know of a freely distributable font including needed
uighur
>>letters; or even a freely usable (eg, one that while not being freely
>>distributable I can find and use) that has them?
>>So long I haven't find one, even Code2000 or Arial Unicode lacks some
>>of the letters. I wonder which fonts people that write in Uighur do
use.

There is a group at Xinjiang University working on Windows fonts. You
can find information on this page

http://www.bizuyghur.com/oyghan/unicode/Unicode_FAQ_fichiers/image005.gi

You can those Windows fonts here

http://www.ukij.org/fontlar/