Re: GConf reverse string freeze breakage approval

Today at 17:47, Elijah Newren wrote:

> Probably yet another thing that we need to document better.  That and what
> "after Wednesday" means (start of Thursday for Australia?  for
> Hawaii?)  I should start throwing all this stuff that needs to be
> documented into a list somewhere...

Basically, we all agree.  Let me remind you that ALL the tarballs
SHOULD have been rolled out by August 8th, according to the schedule.
And that's when the string freeze SHOULD have started.

I don't think we need to worry about this, it's just that the release
is late, so it's basically up to us to adjust for the string freeze as
well, right?  What I gave is a practical translator POV: we already
have established practice, and that's not watching releases, but
rather, watching CVS.  That's why we need a date instead.

And especially, I don't think we need to specify the exact timing
either, we're not going to complain if someone commits a string change
12 hours after the freeze started in our own timezone :)

Lets not drown ourselves in bureaucracy and administrativia. I also
apologize for being too eager in enforcing the freeze.

Cheers,
Danilo