Re: New team for Iranian Azerbaijani (az_IR)

Roozbeh Pournader wrote:

Official?! Would you please provide a source for that? Who has the
authority to make an alphabet official for a language all over the
world?!

Noone has the authority actually, but there must be the "default" one.

The official language (imho) is the one which can be at least read by all Azeris over the world, in this case it is definetely Latin. Say, you are writing a letter to an Azeri person who was born and lives in China. Would you write that in persian or latin alphabet? That makes latin dominant over persian in usage between Azeris over the world. Actually persian never was considered as an option, there was a war between cyrillic and latin :)

See, I can write Russian text in latin or other way I want, and the fact that the official alphabet is cyrillic cannot stop me. This will only come in use when exchanging official documents and stuff.

Anyways, that meant to be just a small note, but unfortunately grew to a big misunderstanding :(

-- Metin