Re: GTP Logo Revamped

On lör, 2004-09-11 at 19:09 +0300, Metin Amiroff wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Jan Morén wrote:
>

> > A suggestion is to take a worldmap, and distort it until all pieces fit
> > inside. Not sure if it is feasible to do so, and still have the pieces
> > somewhat recognizable (the kind of excellent continent coloring you've
> > done would certainly help a lot).
>
> Actually I had a hard time fitting America continent into logo. I had to
> strip the whole Atlantic ocean to do that :) Again, I was quite
> satisfied with  the final version, because only small parts were left
> out. Now after your suggestion there was no way to "distort the world"
> so I made "foot" a little "fat" to include the rest of asia and Japan :)
>
> Here is the result:
>
> http://www.amiroff.com/drafts/logo_fat.png
>
> If this one is better, I can base other versions on this one.

Much better! I am amazed; you actually managed to squeeze all of the
world into the image, and it still looks natural!

Great job!

--
Trust the Computer. The Computer is your friend.

Tel. (Japan) 090-3622 8920            Dr. Jan Morén (mr)
                                      Dept. of Cognitive Science
http://lucs.lu.se/people/jan.moren    Lund, Sweden