Re: GTP Logo Revamped

Hello!

Jan Morén wrote:

It is very nice and clean. I really like the "brush-stroke" quality!

Thanks!

A suggestion is to take a worldmap, and distort it until all pieces fit
inside. Not sure if it is feasible to do so, and still have the pieces
somewhat recognizable (the kind of excellent continent coloring you've
done would certainly help a lot).

Actually I had a hard time fitting America continent into logo. I had to strip the whole Atlantic ocean to do that :) Again, I was quite satisfied with the final version, because only small parts were left out. Now after your suggestion there was no way to "distort the world" so I made "foot" a little "fat" to include the rest of asia and Japan :)

Here is the result:

http://www.amiroff.com/drafts/logo_fat.png

If this one is better, I can base other versions on this one.

Another suggestion off the list was to make the title with the official Gnome logo font, I would gladly do that, I just need the font name, or better, the font itself :p

Another possible suggestion would be to distriute the continents over the six fields you have (five toes and a foot), according to relative size. So, largest (Asia?) in the foot, second largest in the big toe and so on, with Antarctica left behind.

That way, people would argue about why they got in the foot when they deserve getting in toe :) I think this slightly breaks curent concept.

Thanks for suggestions!

--
Metin