Re: Klingon localization of GNOME

On Sunday 11 January 2004 13:02, d'Armond Speers, Ph.D. wrote:
> C J Fynn wrote:
> > "d'Armond Speers, Ph.D." <dspeers@taxonomy-inc.com> wrote:
> >> There are definitely Klingon speakers.  I use Klingon daily
> >> (reading, writing, speaking, thinking).  But you're correct;
> >> because Klingon is not used as a first/primary language by
> >> anyone, translating an environment like GNOME is just done for
> >> fun; if it's out there, I'm sure Klingon speakers would enjoy it.
> >
> > It seems like a heck of a lot of work for a little bit of
> > enjoyment.

Well, no, it won't be a lot of work for the GNOME people if it is done
first on OpenOffice.org, because then most of the key words will be
translated from English to Klingon.  I'm not a programmer by any
means, but once the work is done in OOo, won't it be possible to
simply copy that word list in some way and plug it into GNOME?