Re: Klingon localization of GNOME

lör 2004-01-10 klockan 19.36 skrev Arafat Medini:
> I have to say here, Who will understand klingon?!

AFAIK, Klingon has a rather large and active community of interested
readers and speakers, at least larger and more active than one would
possibly expect out of an artificial language with the origins in a
modern age TV series, and probably also much more serious than one would
possibly expect.

Thus I don't see any point in debating or questioning the merits of
Klingon localization, at least not more than we do debate the merits of
other artificial languages (Esperanto, Interlingua) or extinct languages
(Latin) and their translations into GNOME. And the point is that we
*don't* question those.

Thus, I don't see the point in insulting the Klingon community further
by questioning their localization efforts before they have even begun. I
hope you agree and that we can put this thread into rest. Nothing is
IMHO more sad and depressing than seeing people waste time and energy,
both for themselves and others, debating whether translation into a
particular language should be allowed(!).