Re: [Fwd: Re: Translations, GNOME and KDE]

On Fri, 2004-01-02 at 17:04, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Jan 2004, Kenneth Rohde Christiansen wrote:
>
> > Some translators would also like to be able to translate from Windows
> > from time to time, since they might not be fully converted yet. Problem
> > here is that they don't know what editor to use.
>
> I suggest to use jEdit here. I use it myself on multiple platforms and
> I've written a gettext mode for it (included with jEdit). I've also
> written macros that search for fuzzy and empty messages (not included).
>
> Useful stuff like a TM is not available yet, however.

Hi,

I'm using Heartsome XLIFF Translation Editor to translate Fedora Core to
Spanish. It is written in Java and works on Windows & Linux. Supports
translation memory using open source databases like MySQL, Firebird and
HSQL.

I wrote a PO -> XLIFF converter for my own use and convinced my bosses
to release a free edition for non professional translators working in
open source projects.

If anyone is interested on using this tool, please send me a message. We
will make a new release on next week and if enough people is interested
on the free version I'll add it to our download site.

Regards,
Rodolfo

PS: Sorry Reinout, I thought I replied to the list instead of your
personal address.
--
Rodolfo M. Raya <rodolfo@heartsome.net>
Heartsome Holdings Pte.Ltd.