Re: Encoding problem with Azerbaijani translations of ISO-3166names

"Metin Amiroff" <gnome@azitt.com> writes:

> I actually don't use it for now because the same
> reason that you don't use that 'Sh' letter in your surname:
> Lack of unicode fonts both on Linux and Windows platforms.
> Unfortunately there is no real good font for that on Linux yet.
> Also people still can't read UTF-8 encoded mails
> correctly (except localization team geeks of course).

Well, we should probably work together on extending Bitstream fonts
with those then, I would say.  There's also a complete set of URW-cyr
fonts (check ftp.gnome.ru, and it's also part of ghostscript 8.01
fonts release, or something), and there's a FreeFonts project on
Savannah that aims to support as large number of languages as they
can.  Also, there's CM Unicode effort (Computer Modern by Don Knuth).

Can I count you in to help us (Daf, myself) there with Azerbaijani?
We've already extended them somewhat (Daf did that for Welsh and
Catalan I think, I added Cyrillic for Sans style), and I found out
that there's much interest in it (hear that Daf? ;).

Cheers,
Danilo