Encoding problem with Azerbaijani translations of ISO-3166 names

Will somebody please look into this issue; I guess Vasif is busy with
other stuff at the moment.

Hello,

thanks for working on Azerbaijani translations!

Lately I installed the iso codes packages at

    http://www2.iro.umontreal.ca/translation/registry.cgi?team=az

Would you please take a look whether azeri files are properly encoded
(UTF-8)?  We were told there are at least problems with some letters.
In http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/translation/teams/PO/az/iso_3166-0.19.az.po
you can see:

#. AE
msgid "United Arab Emirates"
msgstr "Birləşmiş Ərəb Əmirlikləri"

And we think "Ərəb" and "Əmirlikləri" start with wrong characters.  On
account of the FRee Translation Project we are looking for a azeri team
leader - do you like to take over this responsibility?  Here is some
additional info:

    http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/translation/HTML/leaders.html
    http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/translation/HTML/translators.html

All the best,