Re: Encoding problem with Azerbaijani translations of ISO-3166 names

Kaixo!

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 07:54:50PM +0100, Karl Eichwalder wrote:

> Lately I installed the iso codes packages at
>
>     http://www2.iro.umontreal.ca/translation/registry.cgi?team=az
>
> Would you please take a look whether azeri files are properly encoded
> (UTF-8)?  We were told there are at least problems with some letters.
> In http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/translation/teams/PO/az/iso_3166-0.19.az.po
> you can see:
>
> #. AE
> msgid "United Arab Emirates"
> msgstr "Birləşmiş Ərəb Əmirlikləri"
>
> And we think "Ərəb" and "Əmirlikləri" start with wrong characters.  On

There is no encoding problem at all, the files are correct utf-8, and
the Schwa (Əə) is a letter used in azeri (now, I don't know if those
words in particular are correctly written; but it isn't an encoding
problem for sure)

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://chanae.walon.org/pablo/		PGP Key available, key ID: 0xD9B85466
[you can write me in Walloon, Spanish, French, English, Catalan or Esperanto]
[min povas skribi en valona, esperanto, angla aŭ latinidaj lingvoj]

PGP signature