Re: Gujarati Translation Status : Not Updated...

mån 2004-08-02 klockan 18.38 skrev Kartik B. Mistry:
> hi,
>
> I'm Kartik Mistry . I have checkout some modules and update the
> Gujarati Translations (gu-In) files (gu.po) , but still after 2 or 3
> days , the status of the Translation is same for Gujarati Language ,
> it is not Upadated .. so, I want to know that how much time does CVS
> take to update the status ??
>
> Let me know that thing , so I plan update according to that..

The translation status pages at http://l10n-status.gnome.org/ are
updated several times a day directly from CVS, so changes should show up
pretty fast.

If you don't see any update in the translation status for a particular
module, it may be because either the module itself or your translation
has errors.

Indeed there is a current thread about a Gujarati translation (gu.po in
procman) that broke CVS:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2004-August/msg00005.html

When a faulty translation with msgfmt errors is committed, it will break
the building of that module and make many other contributors *very*
unhappy because they cannot do their work or test it, and no releases of
the module can be made.
This is why we strongly advise translators to *ALWAYS* check their
translations with msgfmt before every commit:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/tutorials/gnome-i18n/translator.html

Every translator with a CVS account should have recieved those
instructions. If you haven't read those instructions, it's certainly
time to do so.

In the mean time, I've reverted the gu.po in procman to its previous
(working) state.