Re: Status page HEAD category?

tor 2004-04-15 klockan 13.17 skrev Carlos Perelló Marín:
> Yes I'm developing it as dynamic webpages now but not only the webpages
> but the .po/.pot refresh so we will relay on cvs-commits-list mails and
> will get automatically refresh every time a modification is committed
> instead of a timed update for all modules.
>
> My .procmailrc + awk hacking seems to be working right and I'm filling
> the database automatically from cvs commits, I have already:
>
> stats-l10n=# SELECT count(*) from module;
>  count
> -------
>    205
> (1 row)
>
> stats-l10n=# SELECT count(*) from version;
>  count
> -------
>    225
> (1 row)
>
> stats-l10n=# SELECT count(*) from pot;
>  count
> -------
>    112
> (1 row)
>
> That information was added automatically so we will detect new
> branches/modules and new directories with translations as soon as they
> are committed. The only "problem" I have is that new branches are not
> detected until someone commits something to the branch, the branch
> creation does not sends an email, thus, that part will need manual
> input.
>
> It now also supports external CVS servers, it's just a matter of
> configure it (as soon as the scripts are finished, of course).

What about supporting Translation Project "domains" as modules? Probably
it will be more difficult to integrate, but on the same time support for
TP domains in our status pages is more pressing than support for
external CVS servers, since a lot of relevant GNOME software and GNOME
dependencies are moving to Freedesktop.org and are/will be using the TP
for translations.

> With those changes I hope we will remove the resources limitation
> because we will update only modules that have changes. Also, my company
> will give us a virtual server (UserModeLinux) hosted on a new server we
> just acquired, as we have dynamic pages and a postgresql database to
> serve the data, the actual system will not be valid anymore (build stats
> in my home server and upload static pages to widget.gnome.org).
> Christian, we will need an external developer.gnome.org domain, what
> about l10n.gnome.org/stats? or something like that?

Yes, perhaps l10n.gnome.org/status or status.l10n.gnome.org if we want
to have l10n.gnome.org still be pointing at a website on gnome.org.

> I'm migrating now my company information to the new server and preparing
> our UML, hope this weekend we could start testing the new system (the
> old one will be working until the new ones have the same features and we
> don't lose any one).

Cool!
Thanks so much for working on this!