Re: "Weekly" translations status update (Sep 21st--Oct 5th)

mån 2003-10-06 klockan 20.55 skrev Andras Timar:
> > 30 supported languages (over 80% strings translated):
>
> Hmmm. I wonder why the deleted empty msgstr "" below the untranslated
> msgid counts as a good translation in the GNOME translation statistic
> system. I'm not particularly interested in percentages but some people
> do and probably they would like to see realistic statistics.
>
> Some groups deleted the empty msgstr's from their partially translated
> PO files and made the world think that GNOME is fully supported in their
> language.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but you can't fool the
statistics on the translation status pages or in Danilo's status mail by
deleting messages.

Before the status pages are shown after an update, all po files are
re-merged against the most current pot file. Thus, the po files on the
status pages always match the current state and the number of messages
from the latest pot file. Thus, the effect of deleting messages or
msgstr:s beforehand will always be nil.