(OT) Re: PO-based Documentation Translation

Somewhat offtopic, but still I need to know...

For Mandrake newsletters I do translations as well. Currently this is a
highly amateuristic process where txt and html versions of the newsletter
are e-mailed to translators after which they can send back the modified
result. This means translating the same document twice(!).

>From what I know of XML and XSLT (not so much), it should be possible to
have one XML source and transform it to HTML, TXT or whatever. The subject
of GNOME documentation is somewhat related to this question. Can anyone
suggest where to start? Is Conglomerate a good editor to use for a
translation task where the translators do not know any XML?

Thanks for any advice,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout@cs.vu.nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778