Re: Fixing 5th Toe in status pages

Danilo Segan <danilo@gnome.org> writes:

[...]

> All of the mentioned modules that I know of are not in Gnome CVS
> (XChat is translated through Translation Project, Gaim has it's own
> translation "organization" -- not much of organization, but they at
> least have the web page with statistics at http://gaim.sf.net/i18n/,
> etc.)

OK, so except for the removal of stickynotes_applet and gswitchit and
move of gnome-radio and gcm, we are fine.

Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding you - you are confirming that _none_
of the modules I listed are in the CVS, aren't you?

> I believe the same is for the rest of modules you mention (did you
> really try doing 'cvs co <module>' with CVSROOT set to
> cvs.gnome.org?) If there really is any omission from the modules you
> mention, please also check that the current version is in Gnome CVS.

No, I didn't. I just compiled the list from the announcement of 5th
Toe 2.4 and hoped people would comment on it.

> Some of the modules that you qualify as "not in Gnome CVS" are
> actually not part of Fifth toe, but rather, Gnome Office (eg. AbiWord
> -- it synchronizes releases with Gnumeric).

If you follow my link

  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-announce-list/2003-October/msg00038.html

you will see that Abiword figures as the very first module. But in the
hypothetical situation that Abiword were in the Gnome CVS, yes, it
would probably make sense to put it in the office category. :-)

[...]

> I think totem *will* go back to desktop in 2.6, because gstreamer
> should have progressed enough for it, I guess.

Yeah, so let's keep it on the 5th Toe page for now.

> Also, there are no status pages for Gnome Fifth Toe 2.4, just for the
> HEAD.

I know that. But the best guess right now is the 2.4 release, right?

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/