Re: CVS gtranslator needs testers

On Sun, 2003-05-25 at 15:45, Vincent van Adrighem wrote:
> Op zo 25-05-2003, om 01:06 schreef Ross Golder:
> > On พฤ., 2003-05-22 at 20:15, Gudmund Areskoug wrote:
> > >
> > > Hope some programmer picks up gtranslator where Fatih left it, to
> > > continue on that road.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been spending a little time getting to grips with gtranslator, and
> > have been in communication with Fatih. I guess you could say I'll be the
> > new maintainer.
> >
> > I've fixed a few bugs that were present in CVS HEAD, and I think it's
> > now semi-usable (it handles the header better now, you can navigate,
> > edit the translation strings and save to file etc without it crashing).
> > Of course, feedback would be appreciated (pref bugzilla reports).
>
> My GOD! Gtranslator has risen from the grave!
>
> I have been missing gtranslator ever since it was declared dead. So this
> is a day of rejoicing. Thank you.

Yeah, he's the new maintainer of the project and is ironing out some
bugs currently, so your missed gtranslator bugs^H^H^Hfunctions are
coming back again with his code-some fingers :-)

The project is now officially re-vitalised and the "dead status" is over
(on website, CVS files etc.), so that gtranslator did just return from
the "grave" to the active CVS code-coasts.

> I'll probably be installing CVS gtranslator in a few days and will file
> bugreports for the problems I find.

It's surely worth a try as it's quite usable again now and Ross did fix
some problematic bugs in the last 1-2 days. But there's much space left
over for bug reporting I guess ;-)

> Kind regards,
> Vincent van Adrighem
>
> P.S. I never got around to thanking Fatih for his work on
> gtranslator...so, better late than never: Fatih, you ROCK!

:-)