Re: Themus translations

ons 2003-05-14 klockan 04.55 skrev R.I.P. Deaddog:
> > > I'm not really sure about how to merge existing translations either. I
> > > suggest we leave that up to the individual translators, as merging
> > > "correctly" can be a tricky procedure.
> >
> > I guess merging is no more than msgcat + msgmerge (except encoding of
> > translation are different), if no 2 messages from themus and
> > control-center are identical.

That's the crucial point. If there are duplicated msgids (which there
are) but different msgstrs I wouldn't know which one was the "correct"
msgstr if I don't know the language. And even then it would be better
with a translator specialized in that language doing it, as he or she
would know preferred terminology, etc.

But this is of course very much "if". If there aren't differently
translated msgids then of course the merge is much more simple.

> > Yes, it is the best if individual
> > translators can update the po files themselves, but probably quite a
> > few don't even read this list, so they don't know the merger.
> >
> > Or wait for a while, and only do the merge for those idled teams?
>
> Huh, reply to myself.
>
> I did the simple merge, as there's no conflicting messages.

Oh, thanks!

> Exceptions:
> sv (menthos already merged Swedian translation)

Yeah.