Re: translation status pages: new functionality

El jue, 31-07-2003 a las 12:04, Vincent van Adrighem escribió:
> The amount of work required should be quite minimal as there are numerous teams out there who have their own status pages (including the Dutch team). This should also be an indication that the status pages on gnome.org could be even better.
>
> If there's anything I can do, just say the word. I'm willing to donate some time and PHP/HTML where needed.

I could work (well, I'm already doing that) on the status pages to show
information, but I cannot work on a system to get the translations and
upload them to CVS or resend them to a maintainer, so you are welcome to
help me with the status pages or to develop yourself a web/mail
application to improve the translation upload.

> There was also a team which had some kind of translation maintainer system. This system could be redesigned to fit in the gnome status pages without much hassle.
>
> Some ideas I've implemented in my own status pages that are not present in the gnome.org pages:
> - No bars, but colored cells. My team thinks this gives them more of an incentive to make it "all green". The lower the percentage, the less green and more red it gets (100% == green, <80% == red)

It's other way to reflect the status :-P

> - Maintainer per package. You know who maintains a package, and you can claim the free packages.

It's already as a TODO task.

> - Statuspages per maintainer. Quickly get an overview of your own translation status.

a TODO task also.

> - Quick links to project-pages and CVS-changelogs to see if the translation you sent to the coordinator have made their way into CVS.

Good Idea, could you fill a bug against GTP web product so we don't
forget it?

> - Statusgraphs to display the progress of the team as a whole. Grouped per section.

Same as before, I have somethings about it in my mind, but please fill a
bug with your ideas.

> Some of the other ideas I've been using for my own team which might be of use to us all:
> - Automated weekly reports by e-mail to remind everyone to keep on translating if it's not 100% (optionally including gzipped po-files). Completely personalised of course. You don't really need to know the status of someone elses files.

fill a bug.

> Would (some of) these things be something to add to the current status pages?

All kind of improvements are welcomed so yes, just fill a bug against
the gtp web pages with any idea/suggestion/improvement.

The new object oriented code that will let us all those things is being
developed at cvs.gnome.org:/cvs/gnome/gnome-i18n/status I hope we will
have something usable at the end of the summer.

Cheers.

--
Carlos Perelló Marín
Debian GNU/Linux Sid (PowerPC)

Esta parte del mensaje =?ISO-8859-1?Q?est=E1?= firmadadigitalmente