Re: Source code encoding detection modifications for intltool

El mié, 16-07-2003 a las 10:09, Abel Cheung escribió:
> On 2003-07-15(Tue) 13:26:12 +0200, Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
> > > An unexpected failure -- currently escaped hex values (\x??) are not
> > > handled. Source code with such strings should most likely use
> > > --from-code=UTF-8 too, but "file" detects them as either ASCII or ISO-*
> > > files. (mlview/src/mlview-app.c for example)
> >
> > Well, if it's detected as an ASCII file, we can use without problems the
> > UTF-8 encoding, the problem is if it detects it as an ISO-* because
> > there are characters that are not valid UTF-8 characters...
> >
> > Ideas to "fix" it?
> > Assume that all files are using UTF-8 is not the correct behavior...
>
> I've been thinking about something like this:
>
> ====================================
> [deaddog@localhost CVS.GNOME.ORG]$ cat mlview/po/POTFILES.in
> {...... comment here .......}
> [encoding: UTF-8]
> {......}
> src/mlview-attribute-picker.c
> src/mlview-app.c
> ====================================
>
> That is, explicitly specify the encoding of source files in POTFILES.in,
> so that intltool can use this value to avoid autodetecting file
> encoding. Is there any better possible solution?

I was doing it this way, but xgettext gets only one encoding for all
files, so all files should use the same encoding, thus if you have one
file as UTF-8 all files should use UTF-8.

Cheers.

--
Carlos Perelló Marín
Debian GNU/Linux Sid (PowerPC)

Esta parte del mensaje =?ISO-8859-1?Q?est=E1?= firmadadigitalmente