Re: Source code encoding detection modifications for intltool

On 2003-07-14(Mon) 20:34:18 +0200, Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
> Hi, here you have a patch that tries to detect the file encoding used
> and then, calls xgettext with that encoding option.

An unexpected failure -- currently escaped hex values (\x??) are not
handled. Source code with such strings should most likely use
--from-code=UTF-8 too, but "file" detects them as either ASCII or ISO-*
files. (mlview/src/mlview-app.c for example)

It's not easy to determine what encoding is represented by escaped hex
values -- it can be UTF-8, or can be something else, though it's most
likely UTF-8 in GNOME 2.x software.

Abel

--
Abel Cheung