Re: Source code encoding detection modifications for intltool

On 2003-07-15(Tue) 13:26:12 +0200, Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
> > An unexpected failure -- currently escaped hex values (\x??) are not
> > handled. Source code with such strings should most likely use
> > --from-code=UTF-8 too, but "file" detects them as either ASCII or ISO-*
> > files. (mlview/src/mlview-app.c for example)
>
> Well, if it's detected as an ASCII file, we can use without problems the
> UTF-8 encoding, the problem is if it detects it as an ISO-* because
> there are characters that are not valid UTF-8 characters...
>
> Ideas to "fix" it?
> Assume that all files are using UTF-8 is not the correct behavior...

I've been thinking about something like this:

====================================
[deaddog@localhost CVS.GNOME.ORG]$ cat mlview/po/POTFILES.in
{...... comment here .......}
[encoding: UTF-8]
{......}
src/mlview-attribute-picker.c
src/mlview-app.c

That is, explicitly specify the encoding of source files in POTFILES.in,
so that intltool can use this value to avoid autodetecting file
encoding. Is there any better possible solution?

Abel

--
Abel Cheung
Linux counter #256983   | http://counter.li.org