Re: run dialog vs gnome_vfs_url_show

понедељак, 25. август 2003. 20:05:28 CEST — Alexander Larsson написа:

> The strings are just copy-and-pasted from the rest of the file with
> minimal changes (i.e. changed trash to http). I know they are not
> perfect, but they are not worse than the rest of them, and it was
> important to get this into todays beta release.

And it isn't at all important to have any of these strings translated
in "todays beta release"? :-(

Yikes, but the string freeze is there just for that purpose -- to have
a chance to get all the strings translated (even in beta releases), so
users of those beta release could also report omissions in translations
of strings.

If you don't care about the translation (which, unfortunately, seems to
be the case), that's why there's the established protocol one must
follow -- ask release team *and* translators if it's ok to add them.

I have already updated these strings for Serbian translation (btw, you
didn't even mention the CVS module name, which makes it a bit more
harder for translators to update), so I'm not against them -- I'm
against acting without approval (I'm CCing Christian Rose -- he seems
to have missed this discussion).

And of course, there'll be only a one or two languages with complete
translations in that beta release, for the particular reason that the
strings were added right before the release. That's just bad practice,
and it should be discouraged -- strings should be added *early* in the
release cycle, to give translators a chance.

Cheers,
Danilo