Re: Bug #115289

On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 15:49, Danilo Segan wrote:
> ñðåäà, 20. àâãóñò 2003. 21:31:42 CEST — Karl Eichwalder íàïèñà:
> >
> > "In XSLT" means it is available as a XML text.  Maybe you can use
> > something of the intltools package to extractthe XSLT translations
> > into
> > proper LL.po files (where LL stands for language).
> >
> > Then create your new .pot file using xgettext (say "yelp-c.pot").
> >
> > Use msgmerge's compendium feature to reuse the old translations:
> >
> >     msgmerge --compendium LL.po -o new.LL.po /dev/null yelp-c.pot
> >

> Unfortunately, this wouldn't work because there are far less languages
> that have the translated stylesheet -- I don't remember seeing any
> special instructions for translators in the Yelp repository, so I have
> missed to translate that -- the same is probably with many other
> translators.

However, without the patch, the translations are done in XSLT.  Thus,
with or without the patch, those strings aren't translated.

> Because of that, this would still constitute a string freeze break.

Sure, it's a string freeze break regardless.

> Of course, it would be great if this procedure was followed for the
> 2.4.1 release, because the entire idea of intltools was to put every
> string that needs translation into the PO file (including XML files).
>
> Actually, I believe that entire XSLT stylesheet should be made to use
> intltools (make it a style.xml.in, and preprocess it while building/
> compiling the package -- just like every other package does for schemas
> and stuff). If nobody disagrees, I'll file this as a bug with bugzilla.

All right.  I really don't know all that much about intltools.  If one
of our fine GTP members would like to provide assistance in setting this
up, it would be appreciated.

--
Shaun