Re: OO.o .desktop files ...

Hi Christian,

On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 14:00, Christian Neumair wrote:
> We don't want to install any of these po files, they
> should only be included in the tarballs. Note: This makes Makefile.in.in
> useless - anyway, it is installed by gettext/intltool.
> The rest looks ok.

	Yep; so - I just had a poke at this; and added 'gettextize' to
autogen.sh, and this screwed me really badly, by doing some daft:

find -name 'Makefile.am' -dump; or somesuch over a complete OO.o, gcc,
binutils etc. tree all of which are contained within our directory - so
this looks really sub-optimal.

	I'd like to bin the gettextize form our autogen.sh [ which deliberately
doesn't use the gnome-common stuff to avoid terrifying those afraid of
dependencies incidentally ].

	Does that mean I need to checkin a po/Makefile.in.in - I really have no
idea how this whole thing is supposed to hang together.

	Ultimately, I guess I _think_ we only want intltool to shove some
strings into the .desktop files; is that so ?

	Thanks,

		Michael.

--
 michael@ximian.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot