Re: OO.o .desktop files ...
- From: Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>
- To: Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>
- Cc: Carlos Perelló Marín <carlos gnome org>,Kjartan Maraas <kmaraas broadpark no>,GNOME i18n list <gnome-i18n gnome org>
- Subject: Re: OO.o .desktop files ...
- Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 14:59:50 +0100
On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 14:00, Christian Neumair wrote:
> Thanks for the efforts - mine are lost now, though.
> Some suggestions, since your implementation is pretty unclean (in terms
> of Ximian b0rkness compatibility :P) and therefore shouldn't be included
> in any tarball, because the Ximian build system seems to have some weird
> rough edges:
;-) FWIW, this isn't the Ximian build system - it's an attempt to get
around the built-in evilness of the OO.o build system, and it's in a
state of flux.
Thanks for sorting it out, I'll have a test shortly; AFAIR we currently
don't use autotools to install the .desktop files, that could be
fixable, but - due to the badly sucking autotools, makefile-specific,
broken variable substitution, it hardly seems worth tracking any
prefix/appname stuff in autotools at all. I have no desire to spend
hours writing tens of identical seds all through various Makefile.am's
Great work though,
firstname.lastname@example.org <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
] [Thread Prev