Re: Error in .po file ?

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 02:14:20PM +0100, David O'Callaghan wrote:
> Shouldn't these be changed to something like "first element" and "second
> element", or at least explained in a translator comment?
> If these messages are intended for non-developers (and non-LISPers) I
> think the terms "car" and "cdr" should be abandoned.

I think it's questionable whether "Bad first element in XML pair" is any
better than "Bad car in XML pair" for the average user. The quesiton is:
are these messages useful to users, or are they useful to developer
only? And if they are not useful to users, should they be marked
translatable? I am not gooing to attempt to answer these questions.

This issue is not specific to GConf. There are many translatable
messages in GNOME of a technical nature.

--
Dafydd