Re: non-utf8 po files breaking the build
- From: Keld Jørn Simonsen <keld dkuug dk>
- To: Keld Jørn Simonsen <keld dkuug dk>
- Cc: Christian Rose <menthos menthos com>,GNOME I18N List <gnome-i18n gnome org>
- Subject: Re: non-utf8 po files breaking the build
- Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 12:09:27 +0100
On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 11:41:43AM +0100, Keld Jørn Simonsen wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 01:15:48AM +0100, Christian Rose wrote:
> > mån 2002-11-25 klockan 00.02 skrev Keld Jørn Simonsen:
> > The decision to use UTF-8 as the mandatory encoding for all GNOME 2.x po
> > files has been made. Please accept that.
> I really dont understand your rhetorics here. We have decided not to
> force UTF-8 on our translators a number of times, and then you again and
> again claim the opposite. Please accept that we live in a world that
> has multiple charsets, and please do not make it harder for translators
> to contribute to Gnome.
> Lets practice what we preach.
I have got an idea that may solve things to everybodys satisfaction.
1. keep the po-files in the Gnome CVS in the different charsets.
This woulod not impose extra burdens on translators
2. Make a copy from the CVS of the po files and convert them to UTF-8.
Generate tings out of that copy. That would satisfy developers
aim to work in utf-8
] [Thread Prev