Re: I18N guide

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 04:05:44PM +0100, Christian Rose wrote:
> mån 2002-11-04 klockan 04.07 skrev Malcolm Tredinnick:
[...]
> > Most of the stuff in your document is really important to get across. I
> > guess we need to work out whether to make one  big document combining
> > your stuff and mine, or just ditch the "tips and tricks" section from my
> > document and put all of that stuff ("best practice for making programs
> > internationalisable") into your document.
> >
> > My gut feeling is to keep them separate, but I'm sick today, so thinking
> > just makes my head hurt.
>
> Yeah, that's probably the best, but they should probably reference each
> other, since they complement each other. Do you know if it would be
> possible to put up an html version of your guide on
> http://developer.gnome.org/documents/? I'd like to reference people to
> it already, if it's ok with you.

Anything is possible. I wonder what has to happen to make this occur? I
honestly have no idea. I'm going to check in some more changes this
evening and then I'll ping the web guys or harass somebody on IRC until
I can see what happens.

Where should it go? Somewhere off
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/, maybe?

Is your document just in HTML, or is it generated from DocBook markup.
If the latter, it would be good to dump the source in gnome-devel-docs.
We (putting my "docs" hat on for a minute) have a secret plan to create
a "GNOME developer docs" package at some point for release (I think "at
some point" means "when Malcolm makes it build"). Including your
document in that would be cool.

Cheers,
Malcolm

--