I18N guide (was Re: Adding I18N support to ATK)

sön 2002-11-03 klockan 19.00 skrev Malcolm Tredinnick:
> So Padraig appears to have worked out what he needs to do (from what I
> can see of recent work in ATK). However, to help people doing this in
> the future, I have written a document about what is required from the
> developer's perspective.
>
> It is in gnome-devel-docs/tutorials/i18n/C in GNOME CVS. If you have a
> reasonably sensible Docbook setup (including the stylesheets), it should
> be possible to check out the directory, change into it and then run
>
> 	mkdir html && xsltproc -o html/i18n-guide.xml
>
> to get some html files to view.
>
> Any comments appreciated. (Yes, there are probably some horrible
> spelling mistakes in there, since aspell crashed when I was checking it.
> Need to look at that later.)

Malcolm, this is absolutely excellent! This has really been neded for a
long time. Thanks a lot for doing this!

Coincidentally, I've started to write some i18n/l10n guidelines for
developers. It's by no means finished though, and my focus was on common
problems and pitfalls and hints for efficient translation, and not the
technical implementation. You can find the document at
http://www.menthos.com/l10n/developer/. Maybe you want to include some
of that, or maybe we should keep it separate. I don't know. I'll try to
write up the missing pieces soon.