Re: Gnome 2.0 Localization for Solaris

tor 2002-03-21 klockan 17.57 skrev R.I.P. Deaddog:
> > http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/teams.html
> >
> > indicates the following coordinators :
> >
> > de         Matthias Warkus
> > es         Manuel de Vega Barreiro/Germ嫕 Poo Caama隳
> > it         Christopher Gabriel
> > fr         Christophe Merlet
> > pt_BR      Jorge Godoy
> > ja         Yukihiro Nakai
> > zh_CN      Wang Jian
> > zh_TW      Abel Cheung
> > ko         Noh Woo Kyong
> > pl         Zbigniew Chyla
> > sv         Christian Rose
> >
> > Is it accurate?
>
> For ja, zh_CN, zh_TW and sv, pretty sure it's correct.

;-)
I can confirm that sv is correct... :)

> However, for zh_TW, I'd want to voice my opinion here.
> I'm the maintainer for zh_TW team, and as same as
> other team maintainers possibly think, I'd like to
> have full cooperation with Sun representative here,
> and not to mess up with each other's work.
>
> For now, any translation other than UI translation for
> zh_TW is close to zero, so documentation is more than
> welcome. However, UI translation is under progress here,
> and zh_TW team members (including me) are updating them,
> in order to make sure it will be done before Gnome 2.0
> is officially released. So I'd beg Sun translators start
> with documents and unhandled UI translation first.
>
> Sometimes, documents and UI translations need to be in
> sync, so corrections are much appreciated too.

Mostly the same situation applies to Swedish.

Documentation: Please go ahead. There's noone doing Swedish translations
of the documentation at the moment, so all help is most welcome!

UI: Please contact me or the Swedish translation team first before
starting translation work, so that we can make sure there is no
duplicate work being made. I guess the UI translations in general are in
pretty good shape, but we certainly need help with some specific
modules.

Bugs in the translations: Please contact us, so we know about them and
so that they can be resolved. We have mailing lists for this, they are
listed and explained on http://gnome-sv.sourceforge.net/.