Re: Gnome 2.0 Localization for Solaris

Hi Damien!

Am Fre, 2002-03-22 um 02.14 schrieb Christian Rose:
> tor 2002-03-21 klockan 17.57 skrev R.I.P. Deaddog:
> > > http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/teams.html
> > >
> > > indicates the following coordinators :
> > >
> > > de         Matthias Warkus
> > > es         Manuel de Vega Barreiro/Germ嫕 Poo Caama隳
> > > it         Christopher Gabriel
> > > fr         Christophe Merlet
> > > pt_BR      Jorge Godoy
> > > ja         Yukihiro Nakai
> > > zh_CN      Wang Jian
> > > zh_TW      Abel Cheung
> > > ko         Noh Woo Kyong
> > > pl         Zbigniew Chyla
> > > sv         Christian Rose
> > >
> > > Is it accurate?

As for the German translation you can also ask me if Matthias isn't
responding in time.

> > For ja, zh_CN, zh_TW and sv, pretty sure it's correct.
>
> ;-)
> I can confirm that sv is correct... :)
>

> > However, for zh_TW, I'd want to voice my opinion here.
> > I'm the maintainer for zh_TW team, and as same as
> > other team maintainers possibly think, I'd like to
> > have full cooperation with Sun representative here,
> > and not to mess up with each other's work.
> >
> > For now, any translation other than UI translation for
> > zh_TW is close to zero, so documentation is more than
> > welcome. However, UI translation is under progress here,
> > and zh_TW team members (including me) are updating them,
> > in order to make sure it will be done before Gnome 2.0
> > is officially released. So I'd beg Sun translators start
> > with documents and unhandled UI translation first.
> >
> > Sometimes, documents and UI translations need to be in
> > sync, so corrections are much appreciated too.
>
> Mostly the same situation applies to Swedish.
>
> Documentation: Please go ahead. There's noone doing Swedish translations
> of the documentation at the moment, so all help is most welcome!

de translations are far from being complete. I think that there're only
1 or 2 packages translated. Please go ahead and inform the
gnome-de@gnome.org mailinglist about the progress! Thanks.

> UI: Please contact me or the Swedish translation team first before
> starting translation work, so that we can make sure there is no
> duplicate work being made. I guess the UI translations in general are in
> pretty good shape, but we certainly need help with some specific
> modules.

The German translation is quite complete except a few packages. Before
translating anything please contact the German mailinglist first. It'd
be better for coordination.
Please have a look at http://chrisime.dyndns.org/stuff/packages.html

Greetings,
Christian Meyer