Re: Gnome Internationalization: A proposal

El mié, 20-03-2002 a las 02:21, Filipe Maia escribió:
> > I have been thinking of a setup where the strings to be translated are
> > displayed in a form on a web page along with all other translations that
> > have been made by others (if any) along with instructions and examples.
> > The translator then makes their translation and this posts to the
> > database. The language team can then pick the best translation as the
> > official one. Perhaps there could even be a database of how certain
> > terms have been acceptably translated before - a sort of lexicon.
>
> But you're only thinking in storing full strings right, not single words?
> >
> > If some one with programming skills were interested in this perhaps they
> > could point the way to how to do it.
>
> I can try to make to a C(++) program to fill a MySQL database in if you then take care of the web page (i don't know anything about internet coding).

Here at Spain, we have a project called "La Espiral"
(http://www.laespiral.org) that has a web interface to translate the
Debian's package descriptions as you say here. I think that we only need
to fill its database with .po strings and the web interface could be the
same.

You can see it here: http://www.laespiral.org/ddts/

Cheers.