Re: The use of positional arguments in translations

Hi,

> > Nothing needs to suffer.  The maintainers need to ensure that any
> > string that uses positional arguments in one of its translations
> > does not get fed into g_strdup_printf.  This is not insurmountable.
> > I am not thrilled with it, but it is simple enough that it should be
> > done.  We can not afford to be prima donas and just ignore those
> > platforms.

so you want me to go through approximately 150,000 translated messages
and check that the translators got everything right? No, I don't think
you can put the burden on the maintainers.

> Excuse my ignorance, but somehow I don't see the problem with filing a
> bug report against glib and having it fixed. This is fighting symptoms
> and definitely not the Right Way.

I doubt that you'll see this fixed in 2.0 (if ever). Positional
arguments are very difficult get right and I doubt anyone wants to
code such a beast.

Salut, Sven