Re: The use of positional arguments in translations

On Sun, Mar 17, 2002 at 08:47:22PM +0800, Wang Jian wrote:
> Hello Jody,
>
> Is there anyway to fix the glib's positional arguments support?
> positional argument support is very important for translation quality.

As far as I can tell glib will not be fixing it any time soon.
glib2 uses libc for this when it can, but on platforms without the
requisite functions it falls back on its own implementation, which
does not handle them correctly.  Note, you CAN use positional
arguments, you just need to double check in the code that it is
safe.  I understand that it is extra work to do it, but there does
not appear to be much choice.