Re: Please replace (C) with © in copyrightnotices

Hi,

2002-12-11, sze keltezéssel Christian Rose ezt írta:
> In many GNOME copyright notice messages the sequence "(C)" is used,
> something like this:
>
> msgid "Copyright (C) 2002 Foo"
>
> Please note that the (C) needs to be replaced in the msgstr with the
> official copyright character © (a "C" inside a circle) by the
> translators. Almost all character sets, including the iso- character
> sets and UTF-8, have this symbol. So a correct "translation" would be:

Unfortunately iso-8859-2 does not have this symbol. I'm still using
iso-8859-2 encoding for Hungarian po files in Emacs po-mode, because
utf-8 does not work out-of-the-box on Red Hat 8.0 and emacs-21.2-18.

This means I have to msgconv from utf-8 to iso-8859-2 before editing the
file and from iso-8859-2 to utf-8 before commiting to the CVS. This way
it would be too much work to replace the (C)'s in the Hungarian PO's.
However, I'm all for the Total UTF-8 Solution. :-)

Can someone please give me a hint (webpage, FAQ, Howto), how to use
Emacs and po-mode with utf-8 (on Red Hat 8.0)?

Thanks,
Andras Timar